I've lent my services to text at every stage of the writing process, and can aid in anything from conceptualization to a final copy edit. I'm deeply neurotic about correct syntax (I mark up books and magazines as I read them) and bring that energy to any projects that come my way. In the past, these have included:
I copy edit the quarterly magazine Put A Egg On It, and have edited independent zines and online publications. In high school and college, I was a contributing editor to both the newspaper and literary magazines.
- I began shaping academic writing in college as a tutor in the graduate writing center; as a freelance editor, I've handled work ranging from academic journal articles to book chapters.
- I have several years experience editing pre-K, elementary, and middle school ELA curricula; middle school science curricula; and supplemental math and reading curricula in both print and digital formats. I've also performed curriculum quality assurance as a digital content producer.
- I've written and edited website and in-store copy for high-end food retail companies, as well as rubrics, flyers, presentations, catalogues, brochures, spreadsheets, responses to RFPs, and white papers for national Ed Tech organizations.
- For both small and large-scale food retail concepts, I have written, edited, or consulted on the development of menus, catalogues, websites, business plans, blogs and newsletters, in-store signage, mail-order informational pamphlets, and social media content.
- I've worked with writers, artists, and organizations to distill their vision into the space of an application, whether it be a simple cover letter or a request for a grant. I've also edited fellowship proposals, business expansion requests, and applications to educational programs and artist residencies.
- I began editing books in earnest while studying abroad, when a refugee shelter where I taught cooking lessons tasked me with turning the program's recipes into a cookbook. Since then, I've copy-edited and recipe-tested a series of educational cookbooks for children, and edited query letters, full-length fiction projects, and academic and literary non-fiction book proposals.